Greased Pig Contest, Horse Show Ring
Age Groups: 4 – 5 year olds, 6 – 8 year olds, 9 – 11 year olds, 12 – 14 year olds, 15 – 18 year olds
Rules & Regulations:
- Boys & girls will be run in separate groups by age. Boys will run first, then girls for each age group. (No more than 15 Contestants per group).
- Pig will be greased with lard and the hands of the contestants will also be greased with lard.
- All contestants will stand around the inside edge of the fence. Pig will be placed in the middle of the ring.
- Once the signal is given, contestants may go after the greased pig. When a contestant gets control of the pig, all other contestants must go back to the side of the fence to give contestant a chance to get the pig to the center of the ring. If contestant loses control of the pig, all other contestants may chase after the greased pig. The first person who gets the greased pig to the center of the ring, regardless of the time it takes to do this, is the winner. **Disclaimer: contestants can NOT have their feet leave the ground at any time, NO JUMPING on the pig, NO LEAPING on the pig, NO TACKLING the pig. If any of these actions are observed it will result in disqualification.**
- In the youngest age group (4 – 5 year olds) contestants need only to hold the pig for 3 seconds while the other contestants back off.
- There will be a $2.00 entry fee per contestant. Registration starts at 6:30 pm.
- Cash prizes will be awarded to each age group winner (boys & girls).
- In the case of extreme heat, contest may be cancelled for the welfare of the animals and the public.
- Notice: A pig will only be run once, and different size pigs will be used for each age group.
- Note to parents:
Bring a change of clothes!!